The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/my-investment-results-improved-considerably-after-20133030.aspx

Subject:  Re: confused about early retirement and withdraw Date:  1/11/2004  3:41 AM
Author:  tymmo Number:  38467 of 75833

My investment results improved considerably after I rolled my 401k money into an IRA and had complete control over my investment

I can completely agree with this. the complete control over my 401k changed my entire world view...with much better results!

Surely you understand the difference between an IRA and 401k?

yes. sorry for the lingering animosity, which is my fault. Without excuse, my staying at my job and desire to "live" created an intolerable situation.

I'd still be retired with a withdrawal rate below 2% if Pfizer went bankrupt on Monday.

that is good to know. My investments are almost completely in indices, which i hope do as well.

I'm glad you recognize your errors, tymmo. It seems that most involved reading comprehension. Do you need bifocals? <LOL>

intercst

I have made many. I only made it into med school with the reading comprehension...(no bragging here, though

Bifocals aren't needed yet, thanks. And sorry for my incomprehension. I am humble enough to know my limits.

I am gone for the next 2 months in Italy for vacation.

I can't thank everyone enough for this opportunity, without everyone here, it wouldn't be possible. Hopefully, there will be cybercafes to keep everyone posted!

Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us