The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/since-i-started-this-thread-i-did-another-vanguard-20166378.aspx

Subject:  Re: Bad Vanguard Experience Date:  1/16/2004  6:18 PM
Author:  billjam Number:  38594 of 75821

Since I started this thread I did another Vanguard fund exchange, this time from Primecap to a new Short Term Corp Bond account. Got all the way through the online exchange and then got a screen telling me I would have to call Vanguard to do the transaction. Nothing in the prospectus of either fund showed any exchange restrictions that might have caused this. So I called and waited on hold almost 10 minutes before a rep answered. He couldn't find any reason why the online exchange had been blocked either. He did complete the exchange but what should have taken a minute to do online ended up taking fifteen minutes.

After my recent experiences I'm convinced Vanguard has not been involved in the market timing or late trading scandals. No crook would have the patience to deal with them. OTOH I've about run out of patience too. Maybe if I didn't have 23 years of good experiences with Fidelity I wouldn't know any better, but personal investing should not be this difficult.

Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us