The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / FIRE Wannabees


Subject:  Re: Retiring to Scotland Date:  1/20/2004  1:35 PM
Author:  WeeBeastie Number:  1819 of 5088

My understanding was that U.S. citizens as well as Resident Aliens have to pay U.S. income taxes no matter where in the world they live

Only amounts over $80,000 are subject to US tax. I don't need that amount for ER. There is talk about the US revoking the $80K exemptio