The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Well on Less


Subject:  Re: Social Security offset Date:  1/25/2004  4:55 PM
Author:  Blackduff Number:  312 of 1845

I think that there are two different questions. From what I think, you can work, without being paid for the $1-$2 business, if you are past the 65 years and +++. In fact, I was that if you past 65 years, you weren't penalized for working.

It never made much sense giving a break when a person is already past his prime. From 62 to 65 you have to pay this penalty but when you past the 65 year limit, you could work without losing the percentage.

So, this should be treated for before the 65 penalty and what happens if you're over the 65.

I don't have the answer. I looked around TMF trying to find a Social Security board but didn't find anything either. Maybe someone else will come back with more answers.


Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us