The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Well on Less


Subject:  Re: Social Security offset Date:  1/25/2004  11:05 PM
Author:  sierrasprings Number:  313 of 1845

Thanks - I probably didn't phrase my question very well. I am aware that after 65 (assuming that is your full retirement age based on birth date) that you can work without penalty- but somewhere I heard that if you retired, say at 62 and worked and thus were penalized - that you would get that back in later years, perhaps when you reached your full retirement age of 65 or whatever it might be. I sent in an inquiry in to SSA and if I get a response I will post it here. Perhaps there should be a Social Security Board ?
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us