The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/id-be-more-worried-about-the-type-of-people-who-20232984.aspx

Subject:  Re: Rent vs Buy Date:  1/28/2004  10:23 PM
Author:  FCorelli Number:  38814 of 75339

I'd be more worried about the type of people who end up on the Board of Directors of your condo's Homeowner's Association. The anal-retentive types that are usually attracted to these positions of power can be every bit as loutish as your "rental" neighbors. And, of course, if you decide to leave, selling a condo is more expensive than waiting for your apartment lease to expire.

Intercst

Hey now, I was on the board of my HOA last year and I can tell you first hand my anal did not retent anything!

Fuskie
Who was attracted to the position out of a desire to improve the property, not lord over it...

Yes I can dig all that BUT... I am not afraid of dreaconian Hitlerian rules as long as they apply to everybody. And the paralles of apts vs condos depends on what kind of condo

I was thinking alomng the lines of what another poster said ref condos at least getting a higher class of lout, as it were.

I still like renting tho. If I had the bread I'd rent4 apartaments. Mine and the ones that adjoin it. The best of both worlds and I wouldnt even have to move
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us