The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investment Analysis Clubs / Foolish Collective

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/i-too-am-a-member-of-aaii-i-enjoy-the-journal-and-20245083.aspx

Subject:  Re: AAII Membership - Opinions wanted Date:  1/31/2004  12:29 AM
Author:  eeii Number:  28212 of 46922

I too am a member of AAII.

I enjoy the journal and the computerized investing periodical as well. (Computerized Investing dissects different methodologies and how to implement them in their stock screener).

The Stock screener is a very flexible screener with lots of parameters and the ability to make custom parameters you can use in screens. It is based on a FoxPro database. Every month AAII sends a CD update or you can download (weekly) updates of the database. If you get the stock screener and want to download the updates (esp the full updated) a broadband connection is a big plus.

AAII local chapters have investment club "like" meetings used for educational activities. These are not "real" investment clubs where everyone kicks in real $$$, but they discuss investment ideas, give presentations etc. I have joined a local chapter (and given presentations).

They also sponsor lectures / presentations that cover a variety of topics (stocks, mutual funds, financial planning...) by professionals typically on a monthly (or every two months) basis.

ee
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us