The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing


Subject:  Re: IRA Roll Over Date:  2/1/2004  3:44 PM
Author:  yobria Number:  38890 of 88538

Using a full service broker with a large account is bad. Using one for a small account is fatal. ML will charge you a fee to switch, but you'll recover the costs within a trade or three.

I use and recommend Scottrade. Go to, find their New IRA and IRA Account Transfer froms, print and fill them out (leave the Acct# blank on the Transfer form; you don't have one yet), and mail them to your local Scottrade office with a copy of your latest ML statement.

Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us