The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/i-just-transferred-my-accounts-to-fidelity-from-20252147.aspx

Subject:  Re: IRA Roll Over Date:  2/1/2004  11:22 PM
Author:  pinkhawk100 Number:  38896 of 75616

I just transferred my accounts to Fidelity from Scottrade.

I wanted to make a trade in Dec., but I wasn't permitted to do so on their website. I called their local office and was told that I couldn't trade that stock because I'd asked that the stock certificate for that stock to be sent to me. I informed them that I had NOT requested that the certificates be sent to me. Upon further checking, I was told that THEY had made an entry error. Cost to me: $200 difference from what I could have gotten when I first attempted to trade from that actually obtained.

JUST THE NEXT Day, I again attempted to make a trade. Again, I wasn't permitted to do so. Checking again with the local offfice, I was told that they were having technical problems. Cost to me this time: $800.

I ask that they reimbure me the $800. I was told that the agreement I signed with them relieved them of any obligation under these circumstances. The did offer to give me enough free trades to make up for the $200 loss. I figured that I couldn't afford to stay with them any longer and immediately closed my accounts (which were quite substantial)

I think you get what you pay for. Scotttrade has $7 transaction fees. Fidelity has $8 trades (at my acoount level). Which one do you think is the best? Don't look to Scottrade to stand behind any of their mistakes!!!!
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us