The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/seriously-if-you-are-going-to-use-the-quotyou-20259637.aspx

Subject:  Re: IRA Roll Over Date:  2/3/2004  12:22 PM
Author:  pinkhawk100 Number:  38916 of 76398

Seriously, if you are going to use the "you get what you pay for" logic then how much more service do you really expect for one whole dollar difference in price? I am not saying the service at Fidelity is not much better as I don't have accounts with either place. But when you say you get what you pay for and then explain you are now paying one dollar more, how much more are you getting?

Ans: I probably didn't make myself very clear. Fidelity has rates of something like $29.95, $14.95 and $8, depending on the size of your account, number of trades, etc. The $8 service is just as good as the $29.95 service. And, there is no extra charge for a limit order. At Scottrade, that is an extra $5. Whereas, at Scottrade, you only have the $7 trades with an extra $5 for limit orders.

My basic point is that Scottrade refuses to make good on their mistakes!!! The customer be damned!! I've been told by others who use Fidelity that this never would have happened with them.

Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us