The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/hi-this-guy-in-theory-i-agree-with-whats-20262199.aspx

Subject:  Re: Rollover timing Date:  2/3/2004  5:46 PM
Author:  2old4bs Number:  38923 of 76418

Hi this guy,

In theory, I agree with what's already been said. But here are some additional ideas for you:

1. Go on the Fidelity website NOW and investigate your investment possibilities, i.e. decide what funds you'll want to invest in, how much in each one, etc. IOW, develop a plan--that way you won't lose any more time than the 'in-transit' time once the funds get there. Fidelity offers many, many funds, both their own and others, and

2. In your 'plan' (depending on what the market has done during the in-transit time), you might want to only invest 50% immediately and wait a month or so to invest the rest. Sometimes when folks are a little nervous, Suze Orman recommends that they don't think in terms of 100% or nothing, but in percentages to be invested over a period of months (which is more like dollar cost averaging).

I hope these two suggestions might help...

2old

Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us