The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Well on Less

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/-my-dishwasher-gave-up-the-ghost-last-year-and-20284802.aspx

Subject:  Re: Wish list Date:  2/7/2004  12:15 PM
Author:  FoolNBlue Number:  336 of 1498

- My dishwasher gave up the ghost last year and getting a new one is on my wish list. I want stainless steel one and had originally budgeted $800 for a new one. The alternative I came up with is to simply wash my dishes by hand until I can find a good used one for $300 or less.

If you are lucky, there is a Sears Appliance Outlet near you. They have "damaged" (usually very minor cosmetic) appliances that are still new and covered by the manufacturer's warranty. I first expected major damage and little discount but found very minor damage (had to have them point out the "dent" on my washer and dryer) and major discount from the cost of new. Selection is heavily weighted towards Kenmore but it is a great way to get high-end appliances at entry level prices.

My dishwasher has been dead for about 8 months... I think I may hit Sears' Outlet before long myself.

FoolNBlue (With dishpan hands)
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us