The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Well on Less

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/recently-for-the-third-time-in-my-life-i-swore-20296572.aspx

Subject:  Re: Wish list Date:  2/9/2004  5:32 PM
Author:  FoolNBlue Number:  349 of 1483

Recently, for the third time in my life, I swore never to buy anything but handtools again from Sears. I think it will probably stick this time. Sears is often cheaper up front but they are more expensive in the long run

Huh, so if you buy a GE appliance from Sears it is more likely to break than from Toms Appliance Barn? I doubt it. Most of the appliances are Kenmore in their outlet and Kenmore Brands usually compare favorably in Consumer Report's repair histories.

I can say that I've had my washer and dryer for 2 years and have had no problem (and wouldn't be able to find the "damage" if you paid me too -but I'd make something up if you were paying!). I bought high-end Kenmore for what a entry-level GE would have cost new.

FoolNBlue (Who hasn't been burned by Sears yet.. although they came close on his mower)
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us