The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / FIRE Wannabees

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/im-not-trying-to-be-elitist-but-you-cant-expect-20340638.aspx

Subject:  Re: I am such a Wannabee! Date:  2/17/2004  4:25 PM
Author:  brewer12345 Number:  1947 of 5069

I'm not trying to be elitist but you can't expect to put to very good children with other kids, 8-10 hours a day, and then expect them not to get tainted. The public school system has so many undisciplined and unruly kids that it is impossible for the administrators and teachers to do an effective job. Especially when they are expected to be this great “social change agent” that has been put upon them by politicians. Too many problems, not enough accountability, not enough discipline and too many parents that don't care because they are out working to pay for their 3000 sqf McMansions and SUV's. The many problems in public school is why the rich send theirs to private schools.

Right on. I am not a fan of the home school thing, but I have absolutely no intention of sending my children to the public school system. I would much rather fork over a few thousand a year to the local Catholic school than put up with the nonsense that my tax dollars pay for.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us