The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Building / Maintaining a Home

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/radiant-heated-floors-back-access-like-a-small-20386426.aspx

Subject:  Re: Open question: What to put into a new house? Date:  2/25/2004  6:05 PM
Author:  LLRinCO Number:  46693 of 129257

Radiant heated floors.

Back access (like a small room) behind where your TV and components will go. My dad has this - nothing like walking in the room behind the TV to hook up and run all those wires!

Walk-in linen closet - great for storing games, videos, blankets, pillows, toilet paper, buy one get one free toiletries, etc.

Outlets under your eaves if you like stringing up Christmas lights.

Wired boxes to center of all rooms for future addition of lighting and ceiling fans.

Can lights in all recesses (niches), in the kitchen and hallways.

Extra, extra and then extra deep garage (and make it wider, too).

Bigger closets in all rooms, especially the master - actually two in the master. Room for a set of drawers in the master closet.

Separate sinks (not side by side, but separate - like each on their own vanity across from each other) in the master.

Big shower with massaging, multiple heads.

I second the big laundry room with counter space and in the wall iron, but put it by the bedrooms.

Big mud room off of the garage with a closet.

Separate entry way closet for guest's coats - we use ours for our dressy coats and ski wear.

I could go on and on, but walk through show homes - especially the expensive ones that often feature new ideas - bring a camera and take pictures, take notes.

Have fun!

Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us