The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Building / Maintaining a Home

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/wow-what-a-treasure-of-information-now-i-have-20396773.aspx

Subject:  Re: Open question: What to put into a new house? Date:  2/27/2004  7:25 AM
Author:  Goofyhoofy Number:  46808 of 129261

Wow! What a treasure of information. Now I have to learn how to print a whole thread at once.

Click on the "whole thread" link.

"Select All" from your computer menu.

"Copy"

Open a word processing program. "Paste".

Now do a "Search and Replace" on the junk between posts. Stuff like "Post New Post Reply Reply Later Create Poll Report this Post Recommend This Post".

Replace it all - and replace it with "nothing. All the garbage will disappear. It will take a couple of strings to get it all, but it will all go away.

Replace all triple line feeds with double line feeds, and all triple spaces with double spaces if you want to really tidy up.

Then print it out. Takes a couple minutes, easier than pulling each post separately, cheaper than printing everything from the webpage.

Maybe there's an easier way; this is a kludge of the way I do it to find old posts that the Fool won't archive sensibly anymore.

Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us