The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing


Subject:  Re: Housewife and IRAs Date:  3/4/2004  3:14 PM
Author:  terminalwriter Number:  39672 of 88502

You can only contribute to her IRA if she had earned income last year. You can contribute up to the total gross earned income, or $3,000, whichever is smaller.

Umm. Actually, if she had no earned income last year, you can contribute to a Spousal IRA.

Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us