The Motley Fool Discussion Boards
Personal Finances / Building / Maintaining a Home
|Subject: Re: Open question: What to put into a new house?||Date: 3/4/2004 4:34 PM|
|Author: chellys||Number: 47184 of 126402|
Just a couple of things I'd make sure to have in the next place:
1. Central vacuum system.
2. Laundry room on same floor where all the laundry is generated. If not, then make sure a laundry chute is available.
3. Dumbwaiter if two or more levels. I get so tired of constantly carrying stuff up and down stairs. As you age, it becomes dangerous as well.
4. Plenty of closets & storage.
5. Bookcases in all bedrooms. They go a long way to deadening noise throughout the house.
6. Hardwood/laminate floors. Just so much easier to keep clean and don't stir up allergies. Especially recommended if you have pets.
7. Dedicated exercise room with entertainment (video, TV, stereo). That way there's no excuse to blow off exercising.
8. Air filtration system to keep dust levels down.
As you can tell, many of these items make housekeeping easier. I hate housework and am adding all of these to current home to lighten/shorten the chores. Would much rather spend weekends in the yard, garden, bike trail, hiking, etc.
Enjoy your new home. Good luck.
|Copyright 1996-2013 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us|