The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Wealth Creation Strategies

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/sharon-thanks-again-the-student-loan-is-at-4-20442883.aspx

Subject:  Re: Poll: Which road? Date:  3/5/2004  7:36 PM
Author:  snapperusmc Number:  8 of 72

Sharon,

Thanks again. The student loan is at 4%.

Since I expect the market average over my lifespan to be around 10-11% and the poll indicates that I should consider a blend, and with Mark's input; my decision is leaning towards: paying off my auto loan with 100% of the $3,500, then pay usual payments for student loan and mortgage since the interest is tax deductible/adjustable, and start putting the $3,500 in the market.

I'm a long-time stock investor and president of 2 investment clubs that are keeping up with and beating the market so I'm pretty comfortable in my ability to pick and invest in stocks. I've been a Fool since the beginning and used to hold a Foolish-4 portfolio and am currently building a Rule Maker portfolio.

With all of that said, I had to ask for opinion about 'which road to take' because I'm unsure about where the tradeoff meets in paying down debt and investing.

Thanks to you and everyone who's voting, I'm getting a solid answer and it's helping me with my future.

Thanks again...

Snapperusmc
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us