The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Building / Maintaining a Home

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/my-husband-put-in-an-intricate-intercom-system-20519695.aspx

Subject:  Re: Open question: What to put into a new house? Date:  3/21/2004  7:03 PM
Author:  LucyM Number:  48119 of 129253

My husband put in an intricate intercom system that worked out to be a godsend, with three kids in a two story house. I could talk to whomever was ringing my doorbell, from upstairs, and if it was one of the kids I could unlock the front door from upstairs, in addition to monitoring the bedroom of a sick kid on occasion.

Also double pane type windows throughout would be nice, a "sanitary" (wash) tub in the garage next to the washer. A bathroom (toilet/sink) with backyard access. House water lines that would make it possible to bypass the yard watering system if/when you install soft water conditioning for the house.

Outside security floodlights controllable from inside the house.

A driveway that could be extended behind a double wide gate to hide the cars your (future) sons will be working on.

A water retrieval system to catch rain water and re-route it to water your outdoor plants/trees.

A separate pantry, linen closet, guest coat closet, cleaning tools closet.

Lucy
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us