The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Hobbies & Interests / Interior Design/Decorating


Subject:  Re: Stenciling Advice? Date:  3/24/2004  12:36 PM
Author:  mukluk Number:  3369 of 4658

Althought I know what "scrubbing" means, I am lost on what a "stippling" motion might be :-(

Stippling would be holding the brush at right-angles to the wall (or the surface to be stencilled) and tapping the end of the brush on the stencil opening to apply the paint -- i.e. an up and down motion as opposed to the normal back and forth motion used in painting. You will notice that stencilling brushes are round with a flat end -- the better to stipple with.

Hope that's clear!

Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us