The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/theres-probably-someone-at-vanguard-that-can-20534945.aspx

Subject:  Re: Uni-K retirement plan Date:  3/24/2004  1:23 PM
Author:  brewer12345 Number:  40002 of 75336

There's probably someone at Vanguard that can offer some assistance regarding these Individual (k) plans.

Sadly, this does not appear to be the case. My wife is starting to finally see some revenue in her sole proprietorship, and I just did some looking around for "solo 401k" providers. Almost all of them are high fee products, either via the plan costs or (more commonly) loaded funds and other overpriced investment options. The only reasonable choice I found was Fidelity. They appear to be the only one of the large, low cost brokerages that ofer solo 401ks. When I spoke to the rep yesterday, I was told that the only fees that they charge are minimum account balance fees and whatever the cost of the funds you choose. I would imagine that you could probably find a very cheap Fidelity index fund or funds to do the job. I ordered the paperwork to check it out, but this looks like the best way to go.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us