The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing


Subject:  Re: Uni-K retirement plan Date:  3/25/2004  11:46 AM
Author:  TTRoberts Number:  40020 of 88047

brewer12345, you asked:

<< Maybe I am missing something here, but I was under the impression that you needed a custodian to hold the assets for you in the form of a solo 401k account, no? Last time I asked Schwab, for example, I was told that they do not offer such services. It isn't the administration you'd be getting from Fidelity, it is the asset-holding services, at least as far as I understand it. >>

OK, I see what you're asking here. Like with IRA's and other plans, an organization does have to have a plan to handle the accounting and paperwork for such a plan. But this doesn't necessarily mean there's any real “administration” of the plan going on like you might see in other qualified plans. And not every investment provider provides these or the same things. So, to get what one might really want, using a some pension administrator might be a good place to go as some administrators don't charge much for these.

Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us