The Motley Fool Discussion Boards
Retirement Discussions / Retire Early CampFIRE
|Subject: Re: Late Start but still want to retire early!||Date: 3/25/2004 6:16 PM|
|Author: 1HappyCamper||Number: 159348 of 837840|
First off, I would like to thank each of you who took the time to respond to my question. You've all provided me with a great start and also a little peace of mind.
The common theme in responses seemed to be that I am generally on the right track already but need to:
1. Track and watch expenses.
2. Pay down the CC debt like I'm doing..or maybe a little faster.
3. Pay my CC payments into my savings once the CC debt is gone.
4. Research saving and how to live frugally.
... plus maybe other States or Countries with lower expenses.
5. Start a Roth
6. and did I say ...track and watch expenses!!
...and Pekinrobin seems to not want a rush of new neighbors... :)
All good points and I will check out the various recommended web sites and bookstores.
|Copyright 1996-2016 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us|