The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Bonds & Fixed Income Investments

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/humm-no-didnt-quotsee-thatquot-but-not-20562676.aspx

Subject:  Re: Japan to end interference Date:  3/30/2004  7:34 AM
Author:  kentm401 Number:  9787 of 35351

Humm, no didn't "see that", but not surprized. Prob. one of the old Prince Mfg units that supplied GM, IIRC?

Yeah, Holland was the home of the "Calvanists", who couldn't tolerate the "open society" of Grand Rapids....<grin>

Strangely now, 20 years after I left that part of the world, Holland has a very mixed population now with a large minority of Mexican "legal" residents. Seems Holland went the way of Grand Rapids afterall........<grin>

Still stay in touch with friends there, after all these years, and they complain about it constantly. Seems the Tex-Mex folks are "taking the good jobs" in the area, at lower wage levels of course.......;o) And while furniture is still the largest local employment manufacturing sector, automotive is quickly catching up to it, throughout W MI.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Glad I left. Much "calmer", saner place, i.e. Richmond, and a damn sight more beautiful, then most any other State I've ever worked in.

KBM (A "Right Coaster", by the Grace of God)

Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us