The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Well on Less

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/and-if-theyre-pitching-it-at-wal-mart-customers-20578850.aspx

Subject:  Re: New Frugal Magazine for Women Date:  4/1/2004  6:22 PM
Author:  RosemarysBaby Number:  478 of 1498

And if they're pitching it at Wal-mart customers, maybe they won't have the filthy-rich designer homes Real Simple is full of (ecch).

I personally like "Budget Living," although sometimes their budget is a little higher than mine. I actually queried them recently on writing an article about pawnshops, but I haven't heard back yet.

However, I thought this was the most telling part of the article:
"ALL YOU gives marketers the opportunity to target the ever-growing population of value-driven consumers in a high-quality environment that speaks directly to them," said Oshin. "And, with initial distribution in Wal-Mart -- where this customer shops -- this magazine will be an extremely efficient way to reach her."

Yep, people, don't forget.... although a magazine may purport to exist to help you live a better life, its REAL purpose is to...sell magazines and the products advertised in that magazine.

RMB

Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us