The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Automotive / RVing Fools

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/my-biggest-concern-before-i-go-again-is-figuring-20614588.aspx

Subject:  Re: The Florida Trip Date:  4/9/2004  2:12 PM
Author:  EJDubya Number:  1160 of 2374

My biggest concern before I go again is figuring out the best way to do computer hookup. Had a few late charges slapped on me because my son-in-law did not jump on the bills immediately when they came in, so I better handle that myself if I can.

We used to tote our laptops around when we traveled, but seldom do that anymore.

For email, we use USA.net (www.netaddress.com) and we can either download the email to our laptops if we have it along, or just access the email from any computer with internet access.

If we can't find a computer to "borrow" we just stop at Kinkos(r) and rent one of theirs for a few minutes. Also, there are still quite a few "internet cafes" where you can get a cuppa joe and a computer terminal for a reasonable rental, so we use those. Most hotels these days have a busines center where they have computer terminals that you can rent by the minute as well.

If we are out for an extended time, we take the laptop, since we pay most bills through Quicken(r) online bill paying.

EJDubya

Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us