The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Automotive / RVing Fools

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/we-didnt-have-an-airstream-but-we-had-a-24-ft-20648547.aspx

Subject:  Re: Airstream or Winnebago Date:  4/17/2004  12:58 AM
Author:  utahtea Number:  1166 of 2400

We didn't have an Airstream, but we had a 24 ft Terry travel trailer for 9 years and we took it across the country and up to Alaska and back. We loved it. It was great because the investment was NOT as much as a motorhome and we used the tow vehicle (Suburban) as my "Mom's Taxi" when our boys were young.

We've had a Winnebago Chiefton 22 (really 23 1/2 ft.) motorhome for the last 10 years. I don't want to go back to a trailer. We don't even tow a little vehicle to get around in, but once we get a larger motorhome we plan to.

I love being able to just get up (I don't drive) and get a snack, reading material, go to the bathroom, etc. while we're moving. Even if we pull off the highway, we don't have to get out of the vehicle if the weather is bad, but we can still stretch our legs in the motorhome. Our little Winnebago has auto levelers and so once we reach a campsite it's a couple of minutes and "vola" we're done. We don't have to put leveling boards under the trailer tires and drive up on them. We dont' have to unhook the trailer from the tow vehicle.

Everyone is going to have their own pros and cons, likes and dislikes. You might try renting a motorhome before you buy one to see if it's something your interested in.

Utahtea

Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us