The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Automotive / RVing Fools

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/thanks-for-the-thoughtful-responses-good-stuff-20653397.aspx

Subject:  Re: Airstream or Winnebago Date:  4/18/2004  9:00 PM
Author:  timjbd Number:  1169 of 2373

Thanks for the thoughtful responses! Good stuff.

I'm going back up to N. Michigan this summer. I'm gonna try to find a small Airstream to rent. It's me, the mrs. and junior (he's 5), so we can keep it pretty small. Next summer, I'll rent a small motorcoach of some kind. Wish I'd tried my Dads...

I was surprised how much I enjoyed the pop-up last year (Why don't I want one of those? Hmm..). We took it up to Lake Superior Provincial Park. Spectacular place. That's all I'm saying as it is now nice and uncrowded ;^)

A while back, Ralph Lauren had 4 Bambi's customized and sold them for $150K each. That is ridiculous, ofcourse, but it inspired me that I could do the same thing for about 1/10th of that. They looked so damn COZY and all we'd really be doing in it is sleeping (unless it's raining, that is).

So I'm keeping my eye open for one in need of a rehab, regardless of whether I end up wanting to stick with it. It looks like a cool project and I need to hone my welding skills (which are quite UNhoned just now).

Thanks again,

Tim
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us