The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Bonds & Fixed Income Investments

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/i-agree-with-ron-paul-that-the-economy-is-not-as-20688720.aspx

Subject:  Re: RON PAUL: The Federal Reserve Debt Engine Date:  4/26/2004  4:23 PM
Author:  Foolferlove Number:  10028 of 35272

I agree with Ron Paul that the economy is not as good as it looks, and that corporate, personal, and government debt is way too high. I don't exactly agree with the REST of his politics, namely eliminating all income and property taxes:

"H.J.RES.15 : Proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States relative to abolishing personal income, estate, and gift taxes and prohibiting the United States Government from engaging in business in competition with its citizens."

or to abolish the Federal Reserve entirely:

"H.R.2778 : To abolish the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System and the Federal reserve banks, to repeal the Federal Reserve Act, and for other purposes"

(sponsored by Dr. Paul)

That said, I am increasing my personal savings rate and carrying more "cash" than I otherwise would because I expect rates to skyrocket, home prices to crash, and those with cash on hand will benefit.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us