The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Bonds & Fixed Income Investments

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/itll-be-interesting-to-see-what-the-ever-20692590.aspx

Subject:  Re: RON PAUL: The Federal Reserve Debt Engine Date:  4/27/2004  1:21 PM
Author:  Lokicious Number:  10035 of 35345

(It'll be interesting to see what the ever escalating industrialization and influx of money will do to China over the next 5 years. Or at least that's my guess on how much longer their totalitarian caste can contain their oppressed. I just can't see how they can avoid becoming part of the community of Western capitalistic pigs.)

Let me make clear, my war (like other proponents of reason throughout history) is against all ideological and fanatical belief systems: what Maoism became is a good example. (The initial thrust of the peasant revolt against the corrupt descendants of the Democratic Sun Yat Sen was more pragmatic, but just as with the Mensheviks in Russia being eaten alive by the Bolsheviks because they were reasonable, so too with the reasonable Chinese communists.)

India is also a place to watch. There has certainly been a growing affluent class—enormous in population terms—but the poor seem to be getting poorer, and as with China (and as with European peasants a century or two ago, depending on country) the displacement of poor farmers from the land that cannot sustain them to the cities that also cannot sustain them is a recipe for unrest.

(Anyone who hasn't read Snow's masterpiece, Red Star Over China, on the revolution should put it on a must read list.)
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us