The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Bonds & Fixed Income Investments

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/quotmost-fascinating-that-despite-such-20694047.aspx

Subject:  Re: RON PAUL: The Federal Reserve Debt Engine Date:  4/27/2004  5:03 PM
Author:  Lokicious Number:  10040 of 35400

"Most fascinating that despite such contingencies actually happening (forcing a degree of reluctant acknowledgment after all) still doesn't prevent the next fantasy bubble from building... by the same crowd... over and over again... "

I've mentioned before (and actually found a link to the picture) that for me the most telling image of America is the photograph of the line of would-be prospectors climbing Chilkoot pass in the middle of winter in the quest for gold. Granted, they were willing to work hard, unlike most of today's strike-it-rich gamblers, but mostly the only ones who were winners were the suppliers, loan sharks, and pimps.

How, exactly, has Donald Trump become a national treasure?

I have to admit, I do like Chaney, a master of crony capitalist corruption, having been had by Chalabi—I guess he figured a convicted embezzler wouldn't cheat his own kind.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us