The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Health & Fitness / Low Carb Way of Life

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/ot-sharing-some-sad-news-20749595.aspx

Subject:  OT: sharing some sad news Date:  5/10/2004  1:15 PM
Author:  TheNitpicker Number:  17943 of 31242

Well friends, it's time I come clean about something that's happened in my life.

Really, it could be worse. But it's still not fun. My husband and I have decided to separate and plan on proceeding to divorce in about six months' time.

If I really face up to the facts of the situation, this has been coming about for a long time now. But, for whatever reason, neither of us was really ready to face it until recently.

As I've mentioned before, I quit my full-time job at the end of the year, and I've been working freelance since then. This is both because I was desparately unhappy at my job, and because I wanted to devote more of my time to my studies (I'm currently pursuing a professional certificate in Landscape Architecture at UCLA.)

For the last couple of years, I had been struggling with the fact that my career in publishing wasn't going anywhere and that I really needed to take a new career direction. But for a long time, I didn't quite know what that was. I considered going to a career counselor, but it turned out that through my own research and soul-searching I was able to serve as my own career counselor and finally settle on a new direction.

Although it's a career that will require considerable new training and a bunch of new skills, I haven't had a second's regret or doubt about this career change. [My only question was how I was going to pay for the necessary training. Well, for reasons that will become more clear during the week of May 24, the money side of the equation is no longer a problem. ]

But there was still something wrong. I *th