The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/warri-i-agree-we-did-not-know-if-we-would-like-20759792.aspx

Subject:  Re: What is the best state to retire in? Date:  5/12/2004  2:59 PM
Author:  gapfan Number:  71792 of 121185

Warri,

I agree!! We did not know if we would like a motorhome or not, so when I needed to replace a second car while working, we bought an "Escaper" brand, ('85 model) much like the "Dolphin" based on a 3/4 ton Toyota chassis with the 22R engine. I used it often as a work car as it was like a big station wagon. It was great for weekends at state parks.

Because we had that, a close friend bought a Dolphin so he could travel with his wife. (The toilet in the unit was very important for her.) Years later after she had died, he (at 80 years old) drove from Ohio to visit us here in WA, then back again. That meant a lot to both of us. We logged about 75000 miles on ours before we stopped traveling in it.

We considered at one time moving to a larger unit but did not get into traveling that much. We are very content with a simple home life. Retirement meant it was less important to take a "break" from work.

Gap :-)
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us