The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/jesse-i-am-not-exactly-sure-that-my-giving-you-20829609.aspx

Subject:  Re: Going after Amex...need help Date:  5/28/2004  11:30 AM
Author:  babyfrog Number:  41107 of 75642

Jesse,

I am not exactly sure that my giving you permission to use my posts from the Fool for your purposes is sufficient, but as far as I am concerned, it is not a problem - go ahead and use that post, if you think it will help you, but I'm not sure it will. If I remember that post correctly, it did not use real numbers; it used simulated numbers, because I couldn't figure out which numbers to put in which places in the NPV equation, from the earlier posts in the thread. I am not a lawyer, but if I had to guess, you would probably have a hard time showing the value of that post to your cause. What you really need isn't the information from my post, but the NPV calculation logic I used, applied to the actual numbers provided in the annuity contract. And the last time I checked, the NPV equations are in common enough use that you certainly do not need my permission to use them.

Good luck,
-Chuck
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us