The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Stocks W / Wilson Greatbatch

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/i-know-this-is-old-news-but-since-nobody-replied-20867769.aspx

Subject:  Re: Hmmm... Date:  6/7/2004  8:43 PM
Author:  Nory3 Number:  16 of 24

I know this is old news, but since nobody replied to this, I thought I'd answer it, since I am close to someone who works there --- I don't personally own the stock, but she does.

One of their biggest customers decided to reduce their orders -- Both because of a reduction in the quantity they use and a reduction in the stock they plan to keep on-hand for future use. This is expected to amount to approximately a 10% reduction in sales this year---- quite a shame after the good year they had last year. There are rumors of a possible layoff, but the company is trying to move employees to other areas to avoid it, and there is definitely going to be a two-week shutdown this summer.

GB is still a great company and has some new batteries coming along, so this is only a minor setback. I think this is a great buying opportunity right now. It's been a long time since it's been so cheap, and it's still a great company. If I had the spare cash, I'd be snapping up a few shares myself.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us