The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Computers, Phones & Internet / Webmaster's Corner

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/roland-first-many-thanksthat-was-clearer-than-20874151.aspx

Subject:  Re: English definitions?? Date:  6/9/2004  9:32 AM
Author:  sturne01 Number:  8679 of 16451

Roland:

First many thanks...that was clearer than any explanation I've seen of this process.

As a writer, I keep thinking about setting up and using a web site, but being cheap my nature, I have to ask myself how much above the break even point would a website bring in to my budget.

I'm in the process of getting ready for a major writer meeting in Spokane, leave Sunday, where a large portion of the conference is directed toward workshops in self-publishing and digital photography. Every writer has a book in them, and I'm no different, but as I explained above, I'm also cheap. Simply setting up a website for ego purposes doesn't do anything for me.

Add to this, I have two sons in different aspects of the computer world. One is a data base administrator for a company that assembles and regurgitates farm statistics each year. The other, has just started working for Godaddy.com. Between the two of them, and what I've learned here, I suspect that I have the expertise to set up a web site and maintain it, but the largest issue is the one I just related...can it be profitable.

Anyway, I thank you and Billf for all of your help and information. I must say that I've learned a bunch in the last couple of weeks between problems with my old computer and now learning to operate my new computer from this Fool group and Help with This computer fool group.

Now back under my rock.

Spence, who has two weeks of work and only three days to do it in.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us