The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing


Subject:  Re: Start taking from savings or file for early Date:  6/11/2004  6:40 PM
Author:  FoolishMicheal Number:  41197 of 88427


Also, if you decide later that you can work and don't need it, you can tell SS to stop the payments. The payments you don't get will be factored back in at age 65 1/2 so that you would not have lost much benefit by taking it early anyway.

I seem to recall reading that once you take the early retirement payments, you cannot change them to the full retirement later.

Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us