The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing


Subject:  Re: Start taking from savings or file for early Date:  6/17/2004  12:54 PM
Author:  drmcnabb Number:  41250 of 87994

decath wrote: "Live with someone else and rent your home out. Rent out a room."

I was told recently that by renting out your home you may be changing it from a personal residence to an investment asset. This could then effect your capital gains when selling the house.

Just a suggestion to be carefull about the implications of such a move. If you think this is a option you will consider, I'd do some additional research.

Good Luck,
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us