The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Foolish 401(k)s

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/drome-quotprincipal-dominates-the-market-for-20947020.aspx

Subject:  Re: 401(K) Services Date:  6/26/2004  11:24 AM
Author:  Vile Number:  17596 of 25276

drome,
"Principal dominates the market for employers with under 25 employees who want to set up retirement plans. They do a very good job in my estimation for employers meeting that requirement. Each firm who competes in the market chooses an appropriate demographic (Fidelity, Vanguard, and Schwab are at the upper end in those terms).
Unfortunately, if the firm expands to much above 50 people, they were challenged to perform smoothly. As you only employee number 4, you have a lot of room to grow with them."

Thanks for the reply drome. I have briefly reviewed the limited data our President sent. I am probably more into finances than any of the other three employees so I offered to help out. One of the things I like is control when it comes to my 401(K). I also like choice. On my last one, we could put some, all or none of our money into a Schwab account. I contacted my last service and they need too much to do it with my current employer.

In the brief review, I found that "The Online 401(K)" offered a similar choice. I am about to do a more in depth review. Again, thanks for the info.

If anyone else out there has an opinion on any of those choices from my first post or knows of another 401(K) provider that might be suitable, please let me know. We are having lunch on Wednesday to discuss our options. Thanks.

Cheers,

Vile
NEVER SAY DIE!!!
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us