The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Religion & Culture / Jewish and Foolish

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/hi-stevenjklien-so-shaggy-it-still-comes-down-21008350.aspx

Subject:  Re: Arafat interview with Haaretz - sound promis Date:  7/11/2004  8:01 PM
Author:  ShaggyDabbyDo Number:  3456 of 22666

Hi Stevenjklien,

'So, shaggy, it still comes down to this: The PLO's basic intent is to destroy the state of Israel; it has always been so, and they've done nothing to change that.'

Perhaps it is still the case, but I have hope based on polls which say the Palistinians people themselves wish peace, so lets hope that what was so, will not be so in the future.

'Also, Shaggy, are you aware that Arafat routinely gives different and conflicting messages depending on what language he uses? When he speaks English, he's all for compromise and peace. Then he speaks to his supporters in Arabic and calls for Jihad.'

I am aware that Arafat is a two-faced bigot; saying one thing in English and another in Arabic. I do not think Arafat speaks for the majority of Palistinains though, just like Blair did not speak for many in the UK with his pro-war stance.

Regs, Shaggy
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us