The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Religion & Culture / Jewish and Foolish

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/as-for-the-opinions-that-you-expressed-21013372.aspx

Subject:  Re: Arafat interview with Haaretz - sound promis Date:  7/12/2004  11:17 PM
Author:  elann Number:  3493 of 22719

As for the opinions that you expressed subsequently, I respectfully reject those. And I assert my right to hold beliefs and convictions and to express them freely and openly as much I choose.

Of course you do. And your opinion on this matter is both deplorable and harmful to Israel.

But up until now these have only been academic questions. Why? Because no matter how hard the Israeli "peace makers" strive to capitulate to the Arabs, the "Palestinian" leaders always end up in violent opposition to the existence of any Jewish state at all. How in the world can one give something to somebody that they won't ever accept?

That, sadly, is true. Under the current conditions, and perhaps in my lifetime, I don't expect a Palestinian state to be established and peace to come about.

But this discussion is not about what should happen today or next week. It's about what the ultimate solution to the dispute should be. Whenever that solution comes about, I don't see any Arab residents being removed from "Jewish land". It doesn't matter if you call them Palestinians or "Palestinians", they are human beings. The West Bank and Gaza strip are their homes. They don't want to live in Israel, certainly not as second class citizens, and Israel doesn't want them. The only alternative will be to separate them from Israel and, inevitably, let them establish their own state - when the time comes, when they are ready to live in peace with Israel.

Elan
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us