The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Foolish 401(k)s

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/hi-there-i-too-am-interested-in-setting-up-a-21031231.aspx

Subject:  Re: 401(K) Services Date:  7/16/2004  1:27 PM
Author:  kewilliam Number:  17678 of 25247

Hi there..

I, too, am interested in setting up a 401K for a small business. My wife is a physician and she joined a 4 physician practice that does not have a 401K. So I am trying to do the legwork for her.

It doesn't seem like any of the other people in the practice are overly interested in contributing and the owner of the practice probably will not match any contribution. But we want to shelter some income and be able to re-qualify for the ROTH IRAs.

I checked out www.pcsa.com and I cannot find Online 401K or John Hancock. Which heading do I look under for these contact #s? Do you have any names of people that have helped you? We would love to have stocks (as compared to mutual funds) as an option in our 401K plan.

I hope there is not a huge expense setting up and maintaining a 401K plan because judging from the level of interest so far, my wife and I may have to bear the cost of the entire program ourselves.

Any help is appreciated.

Kevin

Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us