The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Foolish 401(k)s

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/kewelliam-quoti-checked-out-wwwpcsacom-and-i-21033516.aspx

Subject:  Re: 401(K) Services Date:  7/16/2004  9:39 PM
Author:  Vile Number:  17688 of 25334

kewelliam,
"I checked out www.pcsa.com and I cannot find Online 401K or John Hancock. Which heading do I look under for these contact #s? Do you have any names of people that have helped you? We would love to have stocks (as compared to mutual funds) as an option in our 401K plan."

I believe they got most of their info from a financial advisor at Northwest FCU. The Online 401(K) can be found at:
www.theonline401k.com

They charged like $180 per account, I think per year. I can send you what I got as far as a quote or information from all three. They are mostly pdf format. Just pop me an email to respond to and I will forward all the info. On top of the $180 they wanted another annual fee of like $1,000 or so. I am speaking off the top of my head though. Better to go to the website or mail me.

As a side note, I used Diversified which had something called a Personal Choice Retirement Account (PCRA). It was a Schwab account and I did all this through my former company. There were no costs to me other than the usual trade commissions. I rolled everything over in place into a standard IRA and got to keep all my equities and everything, still no fees. I really like this option and The Online 401(K) may be worth looking into.

Good luck.

Cheers,

Vile
NEVER SAY DIE!!!
Copyright 1996-2015 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us