The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / New Paradigm Investing

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/what-we-are-about-to-embark-on-is-what-i-now-21034693.aspx

Subject:  Re: My Investment Philosophy Date:  7/17/2004  6:05 PM
Author:  dumaflotchie Number:  20519 of 70714

What we are about to embark on is what I now believe to be the best approach to investing that I have seen...because it works in both bull or bear markets and it takes the emotions out of investing.

There is no doubt that in any trending market, your system will work just fine. Its weakness IMO, is a choppy market (or sidewise market) as that will have you buying and selling like crazy but really getting nowhere fast.

Just curious why you would not use the 200 d MA rather than the 50 d MA as espoused by Weisntein and others?

In your example on TASER, this would have kept you in and still in? It results in a little less trading but wonder if results would be that much different in the universe of stocks with the advantage of a little less effort?

As to taking the emotion out of investing....as they say....in this case....its a "no brainer"!

Many thanks for adding a little spice around here.

Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us