The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / New Paradigm Investing

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/its-weakness-imo-is-a-choppy-market-or-sidewise-21036866.aspx

Subject:  Re: My Investment Philosophy Date:  7/18/2004  4:57 PM
Author:  Carpian Number:  20527 of 73052

Its weakness IMO, is a choppy market (or sidewise market) as that will have you buying and selling like crazy but really getting nowhere fast.

Good point. But I think the volume requirement (over 40% above ADV) as well as the RSI and MACD requirements help screen those stocks that are likely beginning a significant move from those that are just piddling around. In sideways markets, there can still be individual stocks making moves, though it's not as conducive an environment as a trending market. But the indicator requirements should eliminate the "like crazy" from the buying and selling. We'll have a good opportunity to see, anyway.

Thanks much, nukejohn, for your willingness and work to show this method!

As an aside, I'm mainly a lurker here (and elsewhere, for that matter) so whatever the regulars go for is fine by me, but I wonder if this experiment won't generate enough volume of posts to merit it's own board?
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us