The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Insurance - Life, Car, Home,etc.

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/i-called-my-auto-insurer-last-night-to-remove-a-21074732.aspx

Subject:  Re: Auto liability and umbrella coverage Date:  7/27/2004  12:30 PM
Author:  dimdem Number:  12126 of 17919

I called my auto insurer last night to remove a vehicle I had sold from my policy. They tried to talk me into an umbrella policy, and I figured it was a ripoff. I checked here to see what people had to say about them, read this thread, and called back today to sign up for one. I wasn't absolutely thrilled with the way Geico's policies work, but I think it is okay. Their umbrellas don't carry a UM/UM rider. What I did was increase my liability and UM/UM coverage to $1,000,000, and then added a $1,000,000 umbrella on top of that. I have to admit that once I raised the auto coverage, I was less sure I still needed the umbrella. BUT raising those limits above $1M is only possible if you get the umbrella along with it. I guess that if I weren't willing to say "better safe than sorry" then I wouldn't have insurance at all.
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us