The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing

URL:  http://boards.fool.com/planning-retirement-with-chronic-disease-21115132.aspx

Subject:  Planning retirement with chronic disease Date:  8/4/2004  8:06 PM
Author:  heatherlynn21 Number:  41850 of 75377

Hi, everyone!

Now that I'm out of debt, and have a retirement account set up that I can manage (with alot of eduction), I have a question. I'm in the not-so-unique situation of trying to plan out a good retirement while living with a chronic disease (too many people in this world don't think ahead while they have a chance with chronic issues like mine- too busy wallowing in pity). That will NOT be me. =)

Is there anything I need to work into a plan that consists of an IRA, a brokerage account, and a savings account? I'm putting what I can into all of the accounts at this time, and still managing to pay my bills.

I know this board is about strategies, and I need one to ensure that I won't ever have to rely on the government to give me money, and decide if I'm disabled or now. =) If I'm not in the right board, let me know where I can post this =)

Thanks in advance!
Heather
Copyright 1996-2014 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us