The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Moving expenses and taxes Date:  8/9/2004  9:06 PM
Author:  zorigo Number:  72784 of 127613

Hi. I am self-employed and my wife and I just bought our first house. We moved from our old rented apartment to our new house which is over 50 miles away and I was wondering if I should save any gas recepits for tax purposes. I know that the IRS says you can deduct the expense if you are moving to a new job, but what is the procedure in a case such as this? Thanks for any insight.
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us