The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: another tax extension? Date:  8/11/2004  8:53 PM
Author:  Fletch52 Number:  72815 of 127616


You can either write to the IRS or file form 2688 Application for additional Extension of Time to file US Individual Income tax return. THis must be filed before the August 15th due date.

In your letter mention:
1) reason for extension
2) tax year to which it applies.
3) length of time needed.
4) Whether another extension of time has been requested this year.

You must also sign the request.

Six months is the longest people living in the US can receive as an extension to file.

Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us